Welcome to the fifth edition of The Humble Bee, the official newspaper of Humbleville!
Here at The Humble Bee, it is our goal to provide you, the citizens of Humbleville, with quality news coverage of the latest stories and upcoming events in Humbleville.
This week, the Mayor was presented with the Editor’s Choice Award from Craft Corners, for her crafting work and do-it-yourself projects for Humbleville.
When we asked the Mayor for a statement about the award, she simply said, “We feel truly humbled to even be considered for the award! It is an honor and a privilege to accept this award on behalf of Humbleville and its citizens.”
The award is now on display in Town Hall, (Humbleville’s home page).
The Buzz Around Town
In addition to our recent award, there has been talk of exciting news buzzing around Humbleville!
So far this year we’ve added a new page to our website, Humble Shop, added a Humble Shop button to our sidebar, and finished Humble Shop’s first Valentine season, which was a surprisingly busy and successful one!
Humbleville has certainly made plenty of progress in the last few months, as well as experienced a considerable increase in population! (We keep track of population by counting the total number of Humble Laura’s Twitter followers).
We’re happy to announce the current population of Humbleville at 200 citizens! If you’re not already following our Mayor on Twitter, click here to become an official citizen of Humbleville! You can also check out the Mayor’s latest tweets in our new sidebar Tweet updater!
As always, you can count on The Humble Bee to give you the buzz on the latest news in Humbleville!
Now onto the top stories of the week!
Hot Off The Press:
1. “How To Live Within Your Means“ presented by Timothy from Wealth Artisan.
2. “How to Save at the Grocery Store“ presented by Kennedi via Budgeting in the Fun Stuff.
3. “Are Cell Phones a Right? Congress Things So!“ presented by Tim from Faith and Finance.
4. “How Does Your Rainy Day Fund Stack Up?“ presented by Little House in the Valley.
5. “Target Weekly Clearance Finds“ presented by Christy from Thrifty and Thriving.
6. “The Best Credit Card Deals For You“ presented by Nicole from The Penny Frugalista.
7. “5 Bible Verses About Finances That Will Change Your Life“ presented by Jon from Redeeming Riches.
8. “My Route To The Leisure Class“ presented by Evan from My Journey To Millions.
9. “5 Plans for Your Tax Refund“ presented by Joe from Personal Finance By The Book.
10. “Sailor’s Valentines“ presented by Dana from Cereus Art.
That’s it for the Fifth Edition of the Humble Bee! Thanks for reading and hope you have a blessed day!